Friday, April 3, 2015

Jordan at ONE

Jordan at one has been a fun stage!!! He is getting so big and learning so many things! He is still a very cautious boy (except when it comes to the stairs) but I think I can handle him not running off for now ;) he is very observant and is learning a lot from Millie and Braxton...good and bad things haha
At his one year check he was 98th percentile in height weight and head was 99th haha big noggin for lots of learnin! This kid is a tank and I LOVE IT!! He is just big cuddly bear! He is becoming more talkative and loves to copy the sounds of our words: "doo doo" (thank you) "Di pah" diaper it's getting so fun!!
Now that it's getting a little warmer outside we have been having a major learning curve with shadows, walking on new surfaces, wind and getting distracted with pine cones haha 
It took a few weeks but now he goes to the door and says "guh guh!" (Go go!) 
His favorite toy is a ball and will say that word whenever he sees one. He is getting better at trying to throw it! He wants to run and does this little quick marching step it's funny! 
He and millie are good buds and love to play together. Millie likes it most of the time because he will laugh at all of her jokes and faces and doesn't go against her ideas ;) he also likes to attack her princess castle which she then will throw a drama queen fit but it keeps him occupied! 
Now that we have been playing outside more his face looks like this from eating dirt, his nails are black and his feet are black...I will have to get used to this "normal" boy thing! 
I gave him a cookie and he stuffed it in his mouth all at once I think! He is not a safe water and will stuff those cheeks until the food is coming out. Don't worry he slowly Chews and keeps shoving it in. He is a little picky on things that I would think were a no brainer to like but for the most part eats and eats well. Example of a meal: whole banana, strawberries, milk and eggs I try to stop feeding him but he cries and so I feed him one more thing. We try and keep the things he eats somewhat healthy for the very reason of eating a lot. Ha
Unlike our other kids, he is not the best traveler but millie helps distract him with silly games. About 2 hours in he gets frustrated and tries to bust out its pretty funny actually. Thankfully our travels will be cut by more than half here in a month!!
Like I said he before he is not very safe on the stairs going up and down. He crawls up, gets distracted and almost falls and then instead of going down backwards tries to copy braxton and Millie and walk down...hence the huge goose egg that he got after falling down the whole flight of our wooden stairs. So grateful that's all he got from it! I cried with him because it scared me so bad! Right after he fell the next day tried to walk down the stairs again! I have tried showing him how to go down, help him do it himself and he still won't do it! Is there such thing as a sensitive dare devil?!!

Man I sure love this boy and I'm so grateful he came to our family over a year ago! He has brought a lot of happiness and silliness. He cracks me up daily and is a little jokester. He'll pretend he's coming to me and then get a sly grin and walk the other way! He is too funny! I love him and his sensitive soul and we are all blessed to have his peacemaker personality in our home. Love you J Man! 



No comments: