Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Millie Kaye

Oh Millie Girl!!! She is killing me lately with all of the fun things that she is learning and doing and coming up with. She is full of energy, wit, silliness, drama, and love. This girl is SO smart! Because of that, unfortunately I sometimes expect a lot out of her. I think it's great to have high expectations for your kids but I think she has had to grow up really quick because I need her help with her "little-big" brothers ;) I love this girl so much and she and I are working daily on trying to show that and be patient with each other. Never realized I was so hard to live with (she is so much like me!) haha
Millie is in Gymnastics again this year and started dance last week. She loves it and looks forward to her "nastics" and dance class all week. Her favorite part about gymnastics is the treat...little tootsie rolls! She loves to tell me what colors she gets and saves them to eat them when we get home. Her teacher, Cami, told me that she is fearless this year and is so brave. She is very good at jumping off the couch now and doing forward rolls onto a cushion. It's so fun to see her progress and make cute little friends.
Back to gymnastics Aug 2014

First day of dance Aug 2014
 Millie LOVES to do everything with me especially go to the store. She is a very good shopper and doesn't throw many fits. She loves to help pick out cereal, soda (for dad), milk and all of the produce. The best is when I attempt to go to the store by myself with all three kids and she is the big girl walking by the cart. She is a great helper! Thankfully walmart had a double cart with the regular cart seat so the one time I was able to fit all three in the cart at once...this is what happened! Millie held Jordan's hand around the store. I am so glad that I caught this because it is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! It makes me so happy and makes my heart melt. Tender Mercy for that day for sure. 
 When Jordan was born Millie didn't really want much to do with him...I don't blame her she was still a baby herself. This past summer she grew leaps and bounds vocabulary wise and socially which I think has a lot to do with wanting to play with Jordan now, hold him and feed him! She LOVES to help feed him. 

 This girl LOVES LOVES LOVES  to be outside doing anything! She loves water and wants to play in it constantly...lets just say we may not have many more opportunities here in Omaha. Fall, winter and spring are creeping up on us pretty soon. I will miss this cute little shot of her tush that summer has allowed me to see. She loves to get in her "swim soup" so it will be sad to put up on the shelf. :( Her favorite thing to play on is her bike and rides that thing around like a mad woman. She is really good and is getting good with her balance. 
Millie is still in a crib but climbs out no problem when it's time to get out. She is very good and doesn't climb out unless it's morning and after quiet time. She did ask me last night if she could have a big girl bed...I am not ready but she is! I think we need to...
Other things that she is loving to do:
help cook with mommy
fold wash cloths
"vacuum" 
play with dolls and mimmick me...she walks around with her baby and purse listing all of the things she has and what she is trying to find "Mom I can't find my keys, where are my sunglasses"
Some of the funny phrases that she says:
"Don't worry about it mom, I got you"
"Easy...easy"
"calm down mom"
"don't you dare"
"goodness gracious"
"oh my heck...gosh"
"What's wrong mom?"

Funny moment in the car from the spring: 
Millie: "Mom, Braxty dirty!" 
Me: Ok we will clean him up when we get out of the car...
Millie: "Braxton stop it! Stop it!"
Me: " Millie what is Braxton doing?"
Millie: "Braxton keeps drooling!"
Since I wasn't doing anything about it Millie decides to take matters into her own hands...
Millie: "Braxton Timeout!"

This girl pushes me to my limits daily but we sure do love each other. She has taught me so much and I am so grateful for her. I don't know how I would get through my day without her help, her silliness, and her reminding me to have some fun! Love you Millie girl! Thanks for being my best friend! ;)

1 comment:

micahandwhitney said...

haha i love this millie girl. i haven't seen near enough of her though! i love that she is such a good big-little sister :)