Friday, August 22, 2014

Braxton Boy

 My Braxty Boy started school again this week!!! This year starting school was 100 percent better. He knew what to expect and actually looked forward to it and I knew what to expect and actually looked forward to it. ;) He is such sweet boy and has so much to teach everyone I am just so blessed that he is my son and that I get to have the opportunity to raise him.  He is my perfect angel boy and I mean c'mon...look at that handsome face! He was ready!
Millie just as excited as Braxton to get to go to Braxton's school. She so wishes she could go...at 2 1/2 she is ready haha (slow down Mill you'll get your turn ;)
 We took Braxton to school on his first day and it was quite eventful: found out the bus wasn't going to pick or drop off Braxton the entire first week, we were late for his first day because of this news (I hate being late), Millie face planted it in the parking lot and got all scraped up. Poor girl was so excited to open the door that she ran and tripped. And after that ordeal and her crying hysterically, she cried when we had to leave Braxton. Braxton didn't even look back once and was lost in a crowd of classmates before I could even get a hug...He was apparently MORE than ready to be in school haha He is going to have a great year  and I have a feeling he is going to meet some of his goals this year with 100 percent accuracy! Can't wait to see how he improves, even if it's just the tiniest of improvement, we are so proud of what he has been able to do in such a short amount of time! 
This whole week I got to take him to school until the bus route was all figured out. YES it was the most exhausting and busy week of my life getting all three kids in and out of the car four times within a three hour period of time for five days straight but it has taught me so much! Every day we have walked into the school, I have learned that Braxton knows everyone and EVERYONE knows Braxton: the secretaries, the gym teacher, the technology teacher, the 1st-5th grade teachers, all the aides, etc. When we walk into that school there is NEVER shortage of his name being called out and people fighting over him. He is a light in that school and makes everyone feel loved. Every morning a new teacher I have never met yells Braxton's name and comes and grabs him from me and carries him down the hall. Countless people have come up and told me that they got the best hug or snuggle from Braxton that day. Though it can be to a fault sometimes, Braxton LOVES and will go up to anyone! It can be a little scary when he goes up to random strangers on the street (we will have to work on personal space haha) but it just goes to show that he is seeing everyone the way we should all see each other and that is with the eyes of the Savior. Braxton makes everyone's day at that school and as a mom, that is such a blessing! Braxton is bringing a light into peoples lives that they may not know exists. I have to remind myself each day when I am at my wits end because he is having a blast bugging his younger sister, or when I can't understand what he needs and he throws a tantrum, that he is perfect! It is a struggle not knowing how to teach your child or knowing what your child needs all of the time but I wouldn't change it and I just pray that the Lord sees that I am trying to become the mom that he needs and that I can live up to this role. He makes me better, my family better and everyone around him better. I am eternally GRATEFUL that he was sent to Marc and I! We love you Braxton. Keep being the light and example that we all need to one day become like you!!!

1 comment:

micahandwhitney said...

Best post ever!!!! We love you Braxton! As I sit here reading this post Nixon was trying to grab his picture on the screen. Cute little cousins!