Monday, October 5, 2015

July 2015

July started off with a bang when we were able to go to Lake Powell over the Fourth of July!!! Talk about HEAVEN! I hadn't been since I was pregnant with Braxton!! Five years!!!! That is just unheard of in my family but I'm so glad I could bring the kids! The only exception was Braxton and I was so torn about not having all of us there as a family. Thankfully Ruth offered to watch him and it ended up being the best thing for everyone. I think I would have gone crazy worrying if Brax was dehydrated, wandering off, falling in the water or walking through the fire. Too many ifs and I was able to have peace of mind with the whole situation. 
Jordan LOVED the lake as long as he was in his chair, on someone's lap, or in the boat not touching the sand! Haha he was too funny and ended up being so easy because he just sat there and would not move unless you went and got him. Kind of nice in a way. He slept awesome in the tent and slept through all the fireworks! 
Millie LOVED the lake as long as she was with her cousins, on the boat, in her life vest not touching the sand or water. Haha oh this was so hard for me because I knew how much she was missing out on! I had to remind myself that it was her first time at the lake and was still having the time of her life just bring part of it all. She would crash so hard at night because of how much fun they had! The more we go the more used to it she will get....at least I'll cross my fingers! 
Marc got to relax and get some cliff jumping in. I think he had a great time just being able to play!!
Millie thought she was queen of the boat!! 
We hiked rainbow bridge and this time I was only 12 weeks prego so it could be done!! All of the girls! 
The boys...
Jordan got to nap while we all hiked. Doesn't he look so comfortable?!!!
A little tubing!!! 
Jordan in his element...
The kids showing how patriotic they are! They seriously couldn't stop playing! 
Meanwhile...Braxton got pampered and had the time of his life playing with Grandma Ruth and all the cousins! He had a good fourth!! 
Millie loved hanging with Uncle Markus!!
Nana helped the girls conquer the big cliffs behind our camp. She is an amazing grandma! 
The cousins helped make Braxton feel loved...little Micah is so good with him! And aunt Melissa stepped in and let Braxton pull her hair while I was gone ;) I can't thank Ruth and everyone enough for making sure Braxton had a good fourth too! He is so loved and we are grateful for such selfless family members! 
When we got home we had a few days to get the house back in order for our next round of fun! Grandpa, Grandma and uncle Matt all came to stay for a few days!! We got to show them around and we got lots of decorating done! :) 
They all got to see where Marc works and where we get to play! The best memory was on our nightly walks Millie would be riding her bike and because there are so many rocks here in ABQ Matt had Millie convinced there was a thing called rock rain. He would toss pebbles at her helmet and she thought they were coming out of the sky. Haha it was too funny! 
Millie and Grandma went on a little tootsie roll date and that was the highlight of Millie's day!!
My mom came and visited again to have Marc work on her teeth so she sent us on a date and I couldn't pass that up! Time with this man is all I need to be happy! We went to an isotopes game and it was so much fun!
Our friends also watched our kids for four long hours...bless their hearts...so we could go support Dr. Shepherd in the music man. One of the best plays! He was amazing!!
We wrapped up our fun month of July with another Visit from nana but this time she brought G-Pa!! The kids were so lucky to get to see their grandparents so many times this month! 
We went to dinner and just had relaxing fun!!! It was a short stay but so worth it to see them! 

No comments: