Monday, November 17, 2014

Market to Market Relay

SO FUN is all I can say about the Market to Market Relay that I was lucky enough to get to do! I got to run with a good friend and also meet 5 other amazing girls who are super fun and HILARIOUS! I haven't laugh so hard in a long time! 
In September my friend Kayli told me that a girl was dropping out of this Relay they were doing and they needed someone to fill in. I had been working out and running consistently but not training for anything so I said why not?!! I can get in shape enough in 2 1/2 weeks! haha Let's just say I did and I am so glad I was but it was VERY hard and consumed my life! Because I had upped my miles so fast in such a short amount of time I started getting shin-splints but not to worry, nothing a new pair of running shoes and a couple days rest couldnt fix haha 

I was so excited to be apart of such a fun event and I am even more excited that I didn't die in the process!! haha
79.1 miles (stupidest thing ever! I am all for running another .9 mi to get to an even 80 I may be a little OCD) Crazy to think but we ran every single mile of that! Our team was awesome! We all did great on our individual legs and it was so nice to have a "team" sport again! I never get to do anything with a team anymore so it was fun to have so much support and drive from others to feed off of. 
 My first leg was 5.8 miles, second leg 2.7, and last leg 4.1. Talk about sore the next day!!!! So worth it though! 
about to start my final leg and the last leg of the relay! jumping for joy!

Kayli and I at the finish line

 Small world! The girl who set the whole relay team up is cousins with an old friend from back in the day! It was too funny and made it so much fun to have that connection! We sent this to her and said look who we ran into in Nebraska! ha

our whole team after we finished! We finished in great time! 
And of course, the only thing that got us through our last and final leg was this delicious burger!!! Definitely worth the wait and I could eat it care free...that was THEE best part! ;) haha 
Of course none of this amazing day could have happened without Marc staying home ALL day and watching our crazy kids! It was the longest I had ever been away from my kids but it was much needed! So grateful for a supportive and loving husband! He even helped Millie make me a sign they put on the the fridge! Love you Marc McRae

1 comment:

micahandwhitney said...

janelle you are amazing!!! that is awesome! you look great girl!